Thursday, August 26, 2004

RNC in NYC

News from the police state formerly known as Manhattan. I'll be providing intermittent coverage the next few days as events unfold, let me know if you'd rather not receive updates!

The Paul Revere ride ("The Republicans are coming! The Republicans are coming! One if by chartered jet, two if by S.U.V.” ) happened Sunday night down Lexington Avenue! I missed it but they are having another event ...

Crossing of NY Harbor – Friday, August 27, 2pm. Having lost Manhattan to the Republicans, we will stage a daring “Crossing of New York Harbor” on the Staten Island Ferry to liberate New York from the Bush loyalists, and America from its corporate monarchy. This will mimic the famous painting of George Washington crossing the Delaware with General Jonny America at the front. But, this is a crossing of a bigger America, one where we take back our government from the Enrons and Halliburtons. here's their website -
http://www.greenedragon.org/


Saturday it's a woman's march for choice across the Brooklyn Bridge. The Operation Rescue folks will be countermarching against us. Sunday, the big anti-Bush march down Seveth Avenue.

Al Franken is asking everyone to yell out their window Fuggadeboutit" when Bush accepts the nomination. (I love this idea.)

In other news, the NY Times is supposed to interview me today for views I expressed in an CBS/NY Times Poll about Bush, Kerry, the RNC, the fear factor in Manhattan. If I make it to print it will be in Saturday's paper - I will keep you posted!



No comments: